First Time Volunteers
- Find out about the role of a Birmingham PHAB volunteer and the duties involved:
- Decide which holiday you would like to go on:
- Download the application form:
Word format: Application Form.doc
- Fill in the form and email it back to the volunteer recruitment team:
- The team will send you an email to confirm that your form has been received.
- Your prospective leader will conduct a telephone interview.
- We will start offering places from 3rd February 2017. If a holiday is oversubscribed then the final decision will be made using the information on the Personal Statement section of your application form.
- If successful, we will confirm your place at which point we will:
Ask you for a non-refundable £25 deposit
Contact your referees
Ask you to fill in and return a DBS check form
- You will need to attend the Volunteer Training Day
Returning volunteers are encouraged to contact the Volunteer Team directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) to indicate that you would like to volunteer again and state a preference for which holiday.
The Team will then contact you to confirm whether or not you are required to complete an application form. This will depend on whether or not your previous reference checks and application details remain up-to-date on our systems.
Further Information and Requirements
- You must be 18 or over to volunteer on the majority of holidays. For Venture Camp you must be 21 or over, and a similar age restriction may be applied to the adult camps at the Leaders' discretion.
- All volunteers will be expected to attend the
volunteer training day on Sunday 8th July 2018
- We will use the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly the Criminal Records Bureau) to confirm that you are suitable to work with children/vulnerable adults. To do this we will need copies of some of your identity documents, such as a passport, birth certificate or driving licence. Please don't send these until we ask you to.
- New volunteers will be asked to provide details of two people who may be approached as referees. These people should know the applicant well but not be related. Ideally one of the referees should an employer, tutor or teacher. The other should know the applicant socially.
- If, once you have sent in your application form, you are no longer able to take part in a holiday then PLEASE contact us as soon as you know. We will need to offer your place to somebody else.
If you have any questions about volunteering or the recruitment process please contact the Volunteer Recruitment Team: email@example.com
"We would like to give a very huge thank you to all the volunteers who give up their time. One week which accounts to a life time of memories, how they influence our children in such a positive way is completely priceless"